Bonhams is located at 580 Madison Avenue, in the IBM Building between 56th and 57th streets. Map
Bonhams can be reached using the following subways:
N, R, W, to 5th Avenue and 59th Street
4,5,6 to 59th Street and Lexington Avenue
E, V to 53rd Street and 5th Avenue
F to 57th Street and 6th Avenue
Click Here for a Map Showing Nearbvy Parking Garages
BEFORE THE AUCTION
Bidder Paddles: When you check in at Bonhams, you will receive a bidder paddle and an auction catalog. All sales will be recorded and tracked using the bidder number printed on your paddle. A registered bidder number is required to bid in the auction.
Payment: If you pre-registered, your bidder number will be assigned with the information you provided. If not, you may provide the check-in staff with a credit card number or a blank check written to UrbanGlass to register your bidder number. These will be kept on file for the evening; your purchases will be totaled and charged, or the check made out for the final amount at the close of the evening. At checkout, you will have the option to change your method of payment. If you do not make any purchases, the blank check or credit card form will be destroyed.
DURING THE AUCTION
Live Auction: You may preview the live auction from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. The live auction begins at 8:15 p.m. You may bid in the live auction by holding your bidder paddle up with the number facing the auctioneer. The highest bid acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be deemed a legal contract to purchase the item by that bidder. Please note that there may be absentee bids and phone bids on items in the live auction. In these instances, UrbanGlass will be bidding proxy for those bidders.
UrbanGlass Renewal Lot: During the auction, you will have the opportunity to support the UrbanGlass Renewal Lot for The Bead Project. Our auctioneer will this lot and ask for bidders. You can fund the entire project or part of it—all bids will contribute towards the necessary goal. All bids for the UrbanGlass Renewal Lot are 100% taxdeductible contributions supporting The Bead Project.
Trips and Packages: Please carefully check envelopes containing gift certificates before leaving. Pay attention to all conditions, restrictions, and expiration dates on items and services. Except where otherwise noted, services, tickets, certificate items, etc. are subject to mutually agreed-upon times and dates. They must be used within one year of the auction (by April 5, 2013) or they will expire.
All arrangements for trips must be made at least 60 days in advance. All participants and their guests must travel together. UrbanGlass assumes no responsibility for travel arrangements. No refunds will be made for cancelled tickets or accommodations. All arrangements and coordination of items (air, hotel, entertainment, etc.) must be made by the auction buyer and only with the contact person designated on the donation certificate or documentation. All air transportation is subject to blackout dates.
AFTER THE AUCTION
Please note, auction items will not be available for pickup until Friday, April 6, at Bonhams, between noon and 3 p.m.
Checkout: The checkout desk opens 10 minutes after the close of the auction, and
closes at 9:30 p.m. At this time, the UrbanGlass staff will tally your purchases, add the required 8.875% New York City Sales Tax, and make arrangements for shipping or pickup following day, Friday, April 6, between noon and 3 p.m. You will receive a receipt for the item(s) for which you are the winning bidder including taxes and shipping charges if you decide to ship the work. Your credit card will be charged the following day.
Pick up: If you would like to transport your work yourself, pieces will be packed and ready for pick up on Friday, April 6, from noon to 3 p.m. at Bonhams. You must notify staff at checkout that you intend to pick up your work on Friday, April 6. Please bring your receipts with you to Bonhams on Friday.
Shipping: If you choose to have your work shipped, shipping and insurance charges will be added to your receipt before your check or credit card is processed. A member of the shipping team will call you within seven business days to arrange the best time for delivery. All artwork will be sent via FedEx, insured for the full value.
• All items purchased become the property of the successful bidder upon checkout.
• All sales are final; there will be no exchanges or refunds. In the event of any dispute, the decision of UrbanGlass will be final. All purchases must be paid for tonight. Cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express will be accepted as payment.
• UrbanGlass reserves the right to add or withdraw items from the auction without notice.
• UrbanGlass has attempted to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are offered “as is, where is.”
• Items depicted on the web site, in the catalog and in the slide presentation are for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual auction items.
• UrbanGlass neither warrants nor represents, and in no event shall be responsible for, the correctness of the descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance, or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog or orally at the auction or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
• The values listed are estimates of fair market value. Items have not been appraised. UrbanGlass is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; the amount you pay above the fair market value estimate is normally deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor or preparer for the amount of deductibility.
• Each person issued a Bid Number (bidder) assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising thereof UrbanGlass, its elected officials, members and employees, the auctioneer, the sponsors or the volunteers connected with the auction.